Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rain and Pencil

I recently began using pencil for my under drawing instead of colored pencil. I've found myself gravitating toward a more subtle color palette than I use with my colored pencil paintings. I like it and I think I will continue using pencil and seeing what takes shape. The reason I started using pencil is because I recently purchased the most amazing mechanical pencil I've ever used, it's a Koh-I-Noor Mephisto Profi pencil, and I really cannot put it down. The advantage of colored pencil is that the Prismacolor col-erase pencils melt into the watercolor. The lady in the first painting is wearing a Jean Yu triangle bra. After several weeks of sunshine rain has returned to northern California. I don't mind, I get more work done on rainy days.

1 comment:

doreese said...

"Prismacolor col-erase pencils melt into the watercolor."

Interesting! I will keep that in mind haha.

- Doris :)

http://iwearshirtsasdresses.blogspot.com