Tomorrow is my birthday.
I was recently interviewed by Kristin of DTK, here.
Your birthday present to me is that you are going to read it! HA!
She has an incredible blog where she posts tons of great photos and information. I love to see what inspires her. I always feel honored to see my work there. I had the pleasure of meeting her several years ago, and I stay in touch with her. Now more than ever, in fact. We truly share the same loves and passions.
I really love her sense of style too, it absolutely comes through in every thing she does. Kristin is style.
I have always thought that 1984 was an awesome year. Here are some reasons why:
- this guy has a heart attack on live television on my birthday!!!! creepy.
- even stranger, on Rob's birthday in 1984 a factory robot crushes a real factory worker to death in what appears to be the first robot related death
- Van Halen 1984, need I say more?
- the nightstalker kills his first victim
- Judas Priest releases Defenders of the Faith
- for the first time ever some ladies walk around in space
- the crack epidemic begins in LA and soon spreads across nation
- Punky Brewster premiers
- Ronald Reagen does all kinds of crazy shit
- a haunted castle ride at Six Flags theme park burns down killing 8
- the first Apple home computer goes on sale
- Nightmare on Elm Street is released. Yes!
- Michael Jackson badly burns scalp during Pepsi commercial shoot. Bummer.
- Styx breaks up. YES! if you want to know why I hate Styx, I will tell you, but you have to ask.
- Def Lepard guy loses his arm. Ouch. They suck hella bad.
- Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force releases Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force.
- Francoise Truffaut dies. This is so sad.
- Cannibal Holocaust is released.
- Madonna Like a Virgin. I liked her better when she was like a virgin, versus the old worn out attention hungry whore that she is now.
- Queensryche releases the Warning. Someone should have given them some warning, the album after that one is bad. Oh so bad.
- SKINNY PUPPY releases REMISSION!!! why didn't my parents play this next to my crib every night?
- Okay, now you know 1984 was a tight year for music: The Smiths release their self-titled album, which is my favrite. They also released Hatful of Hollow.
- the Scorpion's release Love at First Sting. The song "bad boys running wild" is so amazing. The song "rock you like a hurricane" is not.
- Cinnamon toast crunch is introduced.
- DOKKEN releases Tooth and Nail. RATT release OUT OF THE CELLAR. Incredible.