Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thursday

THURSDAY night Times of Desperation are playing with Iguanadon at R5 on Broadway. It will surely slay. It is free. It is all ages.

It makes me hella happy to know that my real life friend Catherine occasionally peeks at my stuff. Including this blog. Hi Catherine! Yes, you.


Cathrn, this is for you. It's a Hustler pictorial.


Some of us don't know the value of the hustle. Not the dance, but the lifestyle. Sometimes you can't understand the value of hustling, because you were raised in a "middle-I mean upper-middle class family." Some of us know she may not be perfect, but she has perfected the art of female hustlin'. She's one of the wealthiest female entrepreneurs ever! She wrote a book, she invented a fashion line or five, she has a show!

Some of us that like hustlin', probably like weed too, and sometimes get arrested. Oops girl, no biggie. Cutest mugshot ever.

Some of us don't know the value of a hand-made, custom designed Louis Vuitton bag, or even a whole closet full. Though I would say, in the millions? Some of us don't know that Louis Vuitton's monogram first appeared in 1895. Girls who want to wear vintage Chanel probably don't know that LV brought back the logo at Audrey Hepburn's request in 1963. They probably only know about it because Marc Jacobs brought it back in 2001.

Just one of KLS' closets, how about the chandelier? You know you're classy when you have a chandelier in your closet, or your bathroom.

Speaking of Chanel: KLS' first modeling contract had her hustling the runway in Paris at age 14, exclusively under the direction of Karl Lagerfield for none other than Chanel!
Some of us might find it totally obnoxious that she uses herself as primary mode of promotion for her clothing lines. However, when you are a hustler and a super-model, what better way is there to represent your company? Maybe some people find this obnoxious because KLS has long legs and big titties. Not everyone is blessed with the ample femininity of KLS! Some of us have the figure of a four year old little boy.

So, she might not come off as particularly smart, but maybe that's part of her business plan. I mean, she has to have some sort of a business plan, look at her!

She is an inspiration to me, it might not come across in my art work, but you'll see it when the day comes that my bathroom has a chandelier, and you'll know that I'm a hustler (or that I went to Ikea, or both.)



9 comments:

renee anne said...

hehe thank you!

ACIDCOP said...

Those who do not understand the hustle are doomed to hate it.

OSKAR MORBIUS said...

do yo like lucio fulci films?
i'like gore zinema and russ meyer,kubrick etc.
i'like the pills,too much to much....

jessica m. said...

yeah, I like all that stuff : )

Catherine said...

how wonderful! The inside jokes have me beside myself with glee...I now know more about KLS than I thought I ever would and it makes the fashion conversation from the other night that much more awesome... and of course she smokes the green stuff, bitch knows what's up!!!

jessica m. said...

I know! I didn't know that much stuff about the KLS either! I think it's funny that her first job was for Chanel! Hilarious. Anyway, you made the other night totally fun. Even though by the end of the night I was ready to pass out. Can't wait for the adventures coming up!

OSKAR MORBIUS said...

YOU LOOK LIKE TURA SATANA, FASTER PUSSYCAT KILL KILL KILL..YEAH!

jessica m. said...

me? hahaha! I don't think I look too much like her, I have a few friends who do! I idolize her. Isn't she amazing? I really loved Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Dolly Read and Cynthia Myers are incredibly gorgeous. I have some pictures of when they were in Playboy!

OSKAR MORBIUS said...

MY LIKES ME MUCH ERICA GAVIN. I LOOS A FILM WITH SMALL FILMS SUYAS ME AND CHARMING. THE GIRLS LIKE I'LIKE BETTIE PAGE. TURA SATANA IN "FASTER PUSSYCAT KILL KILL KILL" THIS WONDERFOUL. THE THREE GIRLS ARE VERY PRETTY.
And RECUERDAS TO ME. FEAR FOR A PLANET DOMINATRIX.YEAH